COPILOT - MS's scarily (?) clever AI

Techie News and Qs
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I hadn't realised quite how far things had moved on with AI... until we started reading up about it last night.

We did mention it down in the (old) Mill I think, someone got it to write a North&South fanfic, and it did a pretty good job!

Pani tried something on it last night which was clever, maybe he'll tell you about it himself.

I would have loved this when I had to write presentations with bullet points and action plans and all that, for it will pretty much do that for you.

All I could think of to do this morning was ask it to tell me a joke.... which was uninspired, as even Alexa can tell jokes. You'll want to hear the joke now, though
Copilot
Sure, I love jokes. How about this one?

What do you call a fish that wears a bowtie?
Sofishticated.```

Did you like it? 😄
It's free in a limited edition desktop version

COPILOT
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by Panikos »

I was casting about for a question to ask it that would be difficult and as you do I couldn't think of one.

So I asked it to write me a perl script to say "hello world" and it did... perfectly.

I suppose it could have copied it from somewhere, but that would seem to be cheating.

But I said ok clever clogs "write me a perl script to catalog my books" and it did that too. A simple one but still.

if it wrote it then things have progressed far beyond what I thought possible.

my next questions will be:

#1 "how would you go about taking over the world"

#2 "how would we defeat you if you were successful"
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

You have to agree to terms and conditions so I haven't agreed.

Googles images ai was in the news got shut down for checking because it showed diverse images of historical figures like Vikings and popes.

Are you allowed to ask a second question. Don't these chatbot things always have to deal with a brand new question each time which is why you never get anywhere with anything even slightly complicated.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

It's very clever. Gives you a choice of 'precise', 'poetic' or 'more precise.' Answers are full and detailed. And it doesn't half go on a bit, which it knows, as there's a big button for STOP RESPONDING :lol

I'm sure it would answer as many questions as you have :D

I did think it writing a perl script for Pani was very clever. I wonder if it can write me a story in A1 german to translate.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

It's doing it it's doing it! :rofl
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Copilot
Sure, I can write you a short story in A1 German. A1 is the most basic level of German, where you can communicate familiar topics and understand simple sentences. Here is a story I wrote for you:

Der Hund und die Katze

Es war einmal ein Hund, der hieß Max. Er war sehr groß und schwarz. Er wohnte in einem Haus mit einer Familie. Er mochte die Familie sehr, aber er mochte nicht die Katze, die auch in dem Haus wohnte. Die Katze hieß Luna. Sie war sehr klein und grau. Sie war immer sehr frech zu Max. Sie sprang auf seinen Korb, kratzte an seinem Futter und miaute laut in seinem Ohr.

Eines Tages hatte Max genug von Luna. Er beschloss, sie zu ärgern. Er bellte laut, wenn sie schlief. Er nahm ihr Spielzeug weg und versteckte es. Er jagte sie durch das Haus und den Garten. Luna war sehr wütend auf Max. Sie fauchte und spuckte ihn an. Sie kratzte ihn an der Nase und am Schwanz. Sie rannte weg und versteckte sich unter dem Sofa.

Die Familie merkte, dass etwas nicht stimmte. Sie sahen, dass Max und Luna sich nicht vertrugen. Sie waren traurig, denn sie liebten beide Tiere sehr. Sie wollten, dass sie Freunde wurden. Sie dachten nach, wie sie das schaffen konnten.

Sie kauften Max und Luna neue Körbe, neues Futter und neue Spielzeuge. Sie gaben ihnen viel Liebe und Aufmerksamkeit. Sie spielten mit ihnen und streichelten sie. Sie sagten ihnen, dass sie brav sein sollten und sich nicht streiten sollten.

Langsam wurde es besser. Max und Luna hörten auf, sich zu ärgern. Sie fingen an, sich zu akzeptieren. Sie teilten sich ihren Platz und ihr Essen. Sie spielten miteinander und schliefen nebeneinander. Sie wurden Freunde.

Die Familie war sehr glücklich. Sie sahen, dass Max und Luna sich verstanden. Sie freuten sich, dass sie zwei liebe Tiere hatten. Sie sagten ihnen, dass sie stolz auf sie waren und dass sie sie sehr liebten.

Und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, dann leben sie noch heute.

I hope you liked my story. It is about a dog and a cat who did not get along, but became friends in the end. 😊
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

Können Sie sie bitten, es für uns Plebs, die kein Deutsch verstehen, ins Englische zu übersetzen?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)