The Weavers and Spinners - our group collabs - all welcome!

dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Yes, "Dear Miss Hale" is now complete ☺️
https://archiveofourown.org/works/53775 ... /136120504
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

dianakc wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:36 am Yes, "Dear Miss Hale" is now complete ☺️
Yay! It was a really lovely story. :love
(she/her)
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

It was indeed delightful.
And so well done !
The last chapter was epic 😀
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Yay! Thanks Alice and Daisy, and to everyone saying lovely things on AO3 xx
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

https://archiveofourown.org/works/54030 ... /136778317

Redeeming What Was Lost - my story in the Correspondence collection - chapters 1 and 2 up now. Planning to post every day.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

DarkshireLass wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:31 am Now that Diana's lovely 'Dear Miss Hale' story is all up, I will start posting my letter story tomorrow.

I just want to mention here that I had the idea ages ago - and any similarities with Di's story are simply that we are working with the same original material....! The one thing that I did take, from an early discussion, was the idea of doing the story through letters alone. I thought that was an interesting challenge and decided to do it that way. I have, however, sneaked in some context and paratext.

Oh - the original inspiration for doing story moodboards is also from Diana, so, if I am able to successfully upload mine, I am happy to credit her for that.
I'm looking forward to reading it as soon as I find some time. 🥰
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

TRavine wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:27 am
DarkshireLass wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:31 am Now that Diana's lovely 'Dear Miss Hale' story is all up, I will start posting my letter story tomorrow.

I just want to mention here that I had the idea ages ago - and any similarities with Di's story are simply that we are working with the same original material....! The one thing that I did take, from an early discussion, was the idea of doing the story through letters alone. I thought that was an interesting challenge and decided to do it that way. I have, however, sneaked in some context and paratext.

Oh - the original inspiration for doing story moodboards is also from Diana, so, if I am able to successfully upload mine, I am happy to credit her for that.
I'm looking forward to reading it as soon as I find some time. 🥰
chapter 3 is up this morning
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

the final chapter in Redeeming What Was Lost- my contribution to the Correspondence collection - is now up. Hope you all enjoy it - I had a lot of pleasure in reconstructing this collection of letters++ - researching to make the physicality of the letters feel real.
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

DarkshireLass wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:01 am the final chapter in Redeeming What Was Lost- my contribution to the Correspondence collection - is now up. Hope you all enjoy it - I had a lot of pleasure in reconstructing this collection of letters++ - researching to make the physicality of the letters feel real.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/54030 ... /137222431

oops - forgot to link!
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

DarkshireLass wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:01 am the final chapter in Redeeming What Was Lost- my contribution to the Correspondence collection - is now up. Hope you all enjoy it - I had a lot of pleasure in reconstructing this collection of letters++ - researching to make the physicality of the letters feel real.
It was a delicious story !
Makes me want to write a love letter on beautiful paper... and receive one of course 😉
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Aliko wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:18 am
Makes me want to write a love letter on beautiful paper... and receive one of course 😉
DO IT
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

Philipaholt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:55 pm
Aliko wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:18 am
DO IT
It was such a beautiful story! When Tom adds me to the collab, I have my story ready to post. It is only one chapter.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

As far as I can see, you're already a member of the collection, Annabella. If you go to your dashboard and click on collections (at the left) you should see the Correspondence collection where you can post it.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Actually, you can join yourself. I just did it!! We'll see if I can get my idea to work. There's nothing there except for that.

ME
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

TRavine wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:44 pm As far as I can see, you're already a member of the collection, Annabella. If you go to your dashboard and click on collections (at the left) you should see the Correspondence collection where you can post it.
I did, thank you, and I did post to the collection, but it is not showing up. It is there when you click on my name in the collection, but it does show up to readers. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I would appreciate some help when someone has the time. Thank you!
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

mimosa wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:06 am Actually, you can join yourself. I just did it!! We'll see if I can get my idea to work. There's nothing there except for that.

ME
Mimosa! Thank you so much for your editing/revising magic with my story. Will you check when you can if you can see my story in the collection?
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

AnnabellaGrace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:18 am
mimosa wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:06 am Actually, you can join yourself. I just did it!! We'll see if I can get my idea to work. There's nothing there except for that.

ME
Mimosa! Thank you so much for your editing/revising magic with my story. Will you check when you can if you can see my story in the collection?

You are most welcome!
I joined the collection, but I have to be approved by a moderator.
YES!!! I can see it. If I got to Darkshire Lass's story, click on collections, and then your name, it shows up. AND, I can click on your name, and it shows in the list, and I can get into the story.

Can anyone else?

ME
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

mimosa wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:30 am

ME

You are most welcome!
YES!!! I can see it. If I got to Darkshire Lass's story, click on collections, and then your name, it shows up. AND, I can click on your name, and it shows in the list, and I can get into the story.

Can anyone else?

ME
Thank you, Mims, for letting me know that it is there now. Strange that it took a while to show up. It is short one-shot and contains both letters and prose. I hope that is alright.
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

AnnabellaGrace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:23 am

You are most welcome!

Can anyone else?

ME
Thank you, Mims, for letting me know that it is there now. Strange that it took a while to show up. It is short one-shot and contains both letters and prose. I hope that is alright.
There was a tweet to say AO3 were having some kind of short term technical delay, so maybe that was the issue.
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

dianakc wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 am
AnnabellaGrace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:23 am

You are most welcome!

Can anyone else?

ME
There was a tweet to say AO3 were having some kind of short term technical delay, so maybe that was the issue.
Hi! Thank you, and that must have been what happened. I have decided to expand the story to three chapters and hope to update with a new chapter some time next week. I am enjoying your new story!