Merry Update

Chat about anything and everything
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Merry Update

Post by Panikos »

Hi all.

I meant to post before, but it's been a bit hectic.

Merry, has been quite unwell with flu and that has brought on her labyrinthitis which to my mind is worse.

When it's bad she can't even sit up

We're hoping that the worst is over and that she will be back soon, but meanwhile she says she's thinking of you all and wishing you the best Christmas.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by OurCreature »

Thanks for the update, Pani. If I am up to it I'll mark some of the Toughies for her.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Merry Update

Post by Patience »

Could you pass on my best wishes for a swift recovery? It is rubbish being sick. It it rubbish being sick when you also have a poorly partner and it is rubbish being sick at this time of year.
:grouphug
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Merry Update

Post by Furby »

I hope poor merry gets a bit better to at least sit up for Xmas. Merrys illness has lasted a long time in the other thread I said Xmas will have to cope (without merry project managing it) and it looks like it will indeed have to.

Get well soon everyone who is sick. :bed
Wildrover

350 Posts
350 Posts

Merry Update

Post by Wildrover »

Sorry to hear that - one of our admin ladies at work got labyrinthitis and the onset was so fast I had to drive her home in her car because she was too sick and dizzy to drive. It seems to take a week or two to resolve as well so poor Merry may be laid up or a while. We are a poorly bunch at the moment - makes my raging toothache look quite minor in comparison. Anyway here's hoping Merry (and the other invalids) rreccoveer in time for Christmas..
STPD

Merry Update

Post by STPD »

Dear all, sorry to hear that there is so much illness around! Wishing everyone speedy recoveries or to stay well if they haven't yet fallen sick with something :grouphug

OC, Merry wanted me to particularly let you know that her parcel has arrived, and she says thank you so much for your kindness, and sorry she is not feeling up to getting on her computer to post herself :hug

She is a tiny bit better so fingers crossed she will turn a corner very soon, but still feels awfully dizzy and nauseous when trying to sit up or walk - Jay is being an excellent nurse in my absence! - and Mr Merry is doing what he can ;)

It is a horrible thing, this labyrinthitis.

Anyway, sending love to all xxx
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by OurCreature »

STPD, Merry's illness makes my Covid sound like a mere inconvenience! I hope she turns a corner soon.

I knew the parcel had arrived safely because DPD sent me a tracking code, and a pic of it sitting neatly in the porch when they delivered it. At least your Mum is unlikely to be able to devour the contents before Christmas! Silver linings etc.............

Get well soon, everybody. :grouphug
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by eccles »

This news skipped me by. Poor Merry, get well soon. :hugs
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
STPD

Merry Update

Post by STPD »

Thanks OC - ah, good old DPD for the tracking photo :clap

Covid can still be really nasty, urgh, I am sorry to hear that you've had it :hugs

Merry will enjoy her parcel all the more having missed out on all the pre-Xmas treats this week!
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Merry Update

Post by dianakc »

Poor merry. Get well soon x❤️
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by merry »

Thank you so much, everyone! :grouphug I felt so awful being away for so long and missing out on HF Christmas but tonight is first time I've felt able to engage with the world a bit.

OC - thank you for the lovely parcel - I've had a week of no eating so some of that beautiful cheese will be just what I need to get me up and running again. Such a generous parcel of the finest cheeses in England :hugs
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Merry Update

Post by mimosa »

Oh merry! I hadn't paid attention to realize you were so unwell. I have never even heard of labyrinthitis.

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by merry »

Mim! :hugs I think I needed some of your TLC and a plate of your cookies.

But the good news is

I'M MUCH BETTER TODAY :D
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Merry Update

Post by Patience »

That is very good to read, Merry.
May you continue to improve!
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by merry »

one of our admin ladies at work got labyrinthitis and the onset was so fast I had to drive her home in her car because she was too sick and dizzy to drive.
ohhhh so similar, WR - my FIRST attack happened when I was in the Lygon Arms' swimming pool and I staggered out and lurched to the changing room like a drunkard, reeling and spinning in my head, I thought I'd had a stroke. The gym manager had to drive me home!

Furby, mostly Juliet project-managed Christmas and she didn't do a bad job at all, and STPD helped massively when she got home. I still had to cook Christmas Dinner though but I took shortcuts! (ready made roast potatoes -ALL RUBBISh even the posh ones. Ditto gravy :mad )

I never posted Babs' Christmas calendar :sob but I'll try and do so in a day or two :hugs Babs if you see this I got yours and I was SO HAPPY to see you back in the calendar game again!
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Merry Update

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:40 pm Mim! :hugs I think I needed some of your TLC and a plate of your cookies.

But the good news is

I'M MUCH BETTER TODAY :D
I would have taken VERY good care of you, made you some good old chicken soup, and some tea, and given you my best cookies...and my SIL's chocolate coconut balls. And read you whatever book you wanted, and played music on the piano.

I'm glad you are better.

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Merry Update

Post by merry »

I would have taken VERY good care of you, made you some good old chicken soup, and some tea, and given you my best cookies...and my SIL's chocolate coconut balls. And read you whatever book you wanted, and played music on the piano.
That sounds wonderful. I get the feeling my mim is very good at taking care of stricken people, big and small :hugs