Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

The Good, the Bad and the Annoying.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by merry »

STPD had a call from the police just now to say her little Fiat, Foxie, has been horrifically vandalised.

This is the second time but the first time it was 'just' a broken window.

The police say it's not driveable and has to be 'recovered to a safe place'.

Poor Helen. She doesn't have the best of luck :(

In his heyday, July 2020:

foxie3.jpg
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by OurCreature »

That's very upsetting, Merry; my sympathies to STPD. Not nice for you and the rest of the family either.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by eccles »

That is a PITA. You'd think an insignificant little car like that would slip under the radar of most low lives. I hope she can get mobile again quickly.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by Patience »

Having had a car vandalised/ stolen twice in the past (same car), I can imagine how STPD feels. Not only has your mobility been affected, it is costly and there is something violating about it which is quite unsettling.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by Furby »

How mean of the low lifes. Baddies don't have understandable logic anymore when it was robbing gold jewelry and expensive cars that was bad but made some sense but robbing older cars and smashing up bus shelters makes no sense.

I remember her getting the car because of COVID when they moved her job she had taken great care to get locally setup for was so unfair. Hope she can still get to work until a new car is got.

Another car crime that is spreading is smashing cars into garden walls and house frontages I hope that wasn't the cars fate.
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by dianakc »

That is so infuriating. My nephew had his moped stolen a few years ago and the lowlives pushed it into the park lake so it was unable to be repaired. There are simply some horrible people out there. Poor Foxie 🦊
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by merry »

Thanks all .

Sadly, poor Foxie is a write-off. STPD took pictures for the insurers but wouldn't show us, she said it was 'too upsetting'. It's hard to imagine one person hitting a car with such force it could be damaged beyond repair, but there were witnesses in houses overlooking the street where it was parked, and the perpetrator has confessed. No idea what happens next. No-one likes dealing with wriggly weasly insurers, do they. But Helen has been very brave about it all. I'd have fallen apart I think!

She messaged us when they came to collect the wreck 'They say they are "taking him to Avonmouth", which I thought sounded rather lovely, like a retirement home for cars with a similar fate."

So that's how we're going to picture Foxie - sunning himself somewhere in Avonmouth on a (car-sized) lounger next to others like himself, all retired, enjoying the view over the river chatting about the places they have been. In Foxie's case it was mostly Blackberry Hill Hospital and Waitrose :D

(Please nobody burst our bubble! :oops

Thanks all for your wishes :bighug I'm sorry Patience and Diana's nephew also suffered at the hands of moronic vandals :(
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by eccles »

I'm actually relieved that it is a write off. It is far better to start again with another car.

In my younger days I had a Ford Fiesta XR 2 that I bought from new. It had Pirelli low profile tyres and Recaro rally seats, it held the road like glue and was great fun to drive. I had a pal who moved to Wiltshire who I visited from time to time; he used to do a bit of rallying. So one day I drove up to his cottage in Murcott, near Malmesbury, handed him the keys and strapped myself in the passenger seat. The bugger frightened the life out of me but I just shut up and let him put the car through its paces. While haring through one particular bend he calmly declared "It stonewalls at 6,000 RPM". I thought thank goodness for that!
It was my pride and joy until some total git stole it and wrecked it. I presented it to the Ford maindealers and to the insurance company and they said it was repairable. My heart sank when I called the garage and they said "It's on the jig being straightened". As expected, it was never the same again. The handling went from being a joy to push around the bends with just the right feedback through the steering wheel to being a soggy mess. It was eventually written off a couple of years later from a double sideswipe caused by two tearasses chasing each other round a blind junction. I was not unduly sad to see it go.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by TRavine »

I am so terribly sorry about Foxie! ;( I don't know what would make people do such things. They must be very sad people with no lives.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by merry »

I know, he was a cute car.

I nearly cried when STPD brought home a few pathetic bits and pieces yesterday, his window-scraper, his can of de-icer, etc :sob

The guy made a full confession and apology to the police which they described to Helen - it was the tiny NHS sticker in the back of the car which caused him to fly into a rage when drunk. Apparently he hates the NHS so much he thought it was a great idea to destroy a nurse's car that she uses for getting to work. Logical :rolleyes

She told the police she had no interest in prosecuting him, but apparently they make that decision anyway.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by OurCreature »

I suppose it will be a magistrates courts case - guilty of drunk and disorderly, damage to STPD's car with a fine, nominal costs and a victim surcharge to compensate STPD for distress, inconvenience etc which will be either paid or unpaid depending on whether funds permit. The fines office has the power to extract such criminal debts in instalments; that's what happened for Jeff years ago when he and his sister's partner were attacked by yobs on Eastleigh golf course and there was a fight, the yobs were found guilty and IIRC Jeff received his compensation in instalments.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by Furby »

The fact that they caught him so quickly probably means it's not his first offence and the police have 100 things they couldn't pin on him and use their chance when something with a chance is on their desk. Motor car offences do seem to be the easiest to catch and prosecute.

I hope she is still able to get to work without major problems. I remember in the early COVID when they moved her to a far away hospital and so unfair and she had that beigey face mask for the bus before other nicer masks were generally available to buy.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by merry »

Thanks everyone, interesting post OC and Furbs :grouphug
I remember in the early COVID when they moved her to a far away hospital and so unfair and she had that beigey face mask for the bus before other nicer masks were generally available to buy.
She's still at the far-off hospital so it's very inconvenient indeed sigh but she works at home a lot now as she's not on the ward any more (MUCH BETTER) but is a community triage nurse. I think that's what it's called.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Poor Foxie (STPD's car)

Post by eccles »

What's the latest on this sad tale? Has STPD got a new Foxie?